Of counsel, Fluet, Huber, & Hoang, 2013-2014
American Bar Association (ABA) Legal Assistance for Military Personnel (LAMP) Committee Member, 2014-2015
American Legion District 17 Legislative Coordinator, 2014
American Legion Legislative subcommittee, Department of Virginia, 2013-June 2015
Commander, American Legion Post 24, June 2011-June 2013
U.S. Navy Reserves, Judge Advocate Corps, 1982-2012 (CAPT ,JAGC, USN)
Co-Chair Military Law Committee, Bar Association of the D.C. (2006-2014)
Director, Judge Advocates Association (2009-2014)
Member of the bars to the following Courts:
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern District of Virginia, District of Columbia and Maryland
- The U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- The appellate courts of the Federal, District of Columbia, and Fourth Circuits
- The United States Supreme Court
Law Firm of William S. Aramony (1998 to present)
Law Firm of Kator and Scott (1998)
Law Firm of Kator, Scott, and Heller (1981-1997)
Law Firms of Kenkel and Barnard, specializing in broadcast law, and of Kator and Hill, specializing in employment law (1979 – 1980) (simultaneously employed by both firms)
Some Reserve Officer positions held between 1982 and 2011:
- Active Duty with Naval Legal Service Office (NLSO), San Diego, Trial Counsel, Command Services (advising Commands), and Assistant Ethics Adviser recall March 1992-October 1992.
- Naval Reserves (NR) drilling Reservist with Code 14, Federal Tort Claims and Code 15, General Litigation.
- Commanding Officer, NLSO Norfolk Naval Reserves Unit (1998-1999)
- VTU Law District of Columbia member and Instructor/Facilitator for Reserve Drilling Officers (Line and Staff) Leadership Courses
- Commanding Officer Voluntary Training Unit Law in District of Columbia and mobilization legal readiness adviser for Reserve Centers in six States within Naval Reserve Command Region Six (2001-2004)
- Senior Attorney, Commander Naval Region Mid-Atlantic Command (2004-2007)
- Appellate Defense (2007-2008)
- Commanding Officer, NLSO Reserves New Orleans NR (Command included drilling Reserves and LSO offices in six States) (2008-2010)
- Executive Officer in VTU Law D.C., non-paid drills with a Reserve lawyer unit (2010-2011)
University of South Carolina, J.D.
University of Notre Dame, B.A.
Multiple military law and continuing legal education courses.